This is How I see it. If You Like What You Read, Click An Ad And Help Me Out

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Stuck in Calgary

Ugh. The downfall of stand-by travel is that you only get to leave if there are seats for you to sit in. So, since it's Spring Break, thousands of students are now fleeing the location of their schools to go have fun and forget that they are constantly told how to think, learn and behave for an entire week - thus leaving me stuck here in Calgary for an extra day or two. Make that yet another reason that I hate the education system.

I didn't fare so well in school. I was a poor student at best. In Elementary, I refused to assimilate. In Junior High, I refused to stop joking around. In High School, I refused to stop being drunk or high. I hated it all with a passion that rivals my feelings towards jobs. It's a far worse scam - you don't even get paid. Sit and listen to a teacher that likely chose that profession because it required the least amount of University, and they get two months off. Now, there are some wonderful teachers out there. Those magical people who take the time to see past the currriculum and our constant horsing around to find a better way to teach and inspire. We all have had those teachers, the ones that motivated us to become the people that we are today. I have found, though, that the percentage of good teachers is pretty much equal to the percentage of fine people in all walks, so in fairness to all, I will continue to rip schooling apart.

My cousin once told me that there are two kinds of people in this world: Pig Fuckers and Shitters. I was 17 at the time, and I am still confused by his lesson. But it made me think, and I ended up coming to my own conclusion; There are two types of people, and they are, as I see it, Scholars and Thinkers. Thinkers do all the thinking and intellectual trailblazing, yell at and inspire the populace, feel the pain, embrace the love, make the music and write the books. Scholars read those books and falsify it as their reality, and then go on to be High School Vice-Principals. That's right, I'm talking to YOU, Mr. McDonald. Fuck you, look at me now. Turns out you can succeed without education. (admittedly my spelling could be better) Fukc you. My spirit is free. I am my own man. I walk my own steps for my own reasons. I don't need to yell at and threaten High Schoolers to feel like I man. I have the balls to do that to people of all ages. You're a piece of shit, old man.
Anyways......


I guess I'll put it this way. I could read all the books in the world about Brazil, but until I go and see Brazil, it's just a bunch of ideas in my head. I see scholars that way. Cramming their head with the true knowledge of the thinkers and proclaiming it as theirs, and who are we to doubt it? Check out that degree on the wall! And, Lordy, Lordy, just listen to the lesson that they are giving us from yet another book that they didn't write.


I hate those dirty Pig Fuckers. Or maybe they're the shitters. I don't know, I still don't understand what he meant. He's a real thinker. Maybe there is no diffirence. All I do know is that my seat on the next several planes to Torornto is full of school-system assholes, and there is nothing I can do about it. So, off to the bar....(sounds like high school all over again - I'm stuck in Calgary)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home