This is How I see it. If You Like What You Read, Click An Ad And Help Me Out

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

First Day Of Summer....

....and I'm hungover. I had my show at Fionn MacCools last night - probably the best one yet. I'm not really sure how, either, because 10 people isn't really a force to be reckoned with, but something just worked really well. I think I may have had something to do with it. I'm trying to lay out the attitude of casual and relaxed and humane from the comics perspective, and they are responsding. There will be no "Who are you? Who do you know?" in any of room I have any control in. Just good attitudes and funny. Even bad attitudes are allowed so long as it's funny. I am bringing something very un-Toronto right into the heart of it, and it's starting to be fun to watch.

Did I mention I drank? Oh...did I. I felt great last night and the booze happens to be supplied as part of the deal. God, it was such a weird weekend I needed dearly to flush it out with heavy amounts of booze and liberal doses of joints. Somehow, I was the last man standing last night, and I sat in my backyard staring at the sky trying to piece all this stuff that happening in my life together. I was a little angry when I awoke today and realized that part of the reason I stayed up was to note the summer solstice, and I was so tired and drunk I forgot to. I was outside, though, so I guess that's close enough. Summer Solstice - the Suns' Birthday.

So, it's summer now. Days are getting shorter now, too. Weird, eh? I have more work to do here. Feel good. And damn, do I need some Tylenol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home