This is How I see it. If You Like What You Read, Click An Ad And Help Me Out

Monday, July 18, 2005

The Game of Politics

So, a man named Rove ratted out a CIA operative. The G8 just met and talked about things of the upmost importance. A major city was 'attacked'. Baghdad type damagae in the 'civilized' world. I used to care passionately about these issues, but now I observe them with emotionless distance. It's something of a polar shift for me, and I am attempting to understand just why.

A big turning point was the November American elections. What slim faith I did have in the world and it's people was that it would be able to see past the childish puppetry of the Bush people and their agendas. They didn't. Bought it hook, line and sinker. The silence of the intellectual leaders who should have stood up and rallied the masses was deafening. I was shocked that things remained status quo.

All the while up here in Canada, a simple game of politics was being played. Find whatever scam the sitting government is involed in, then inform and rile the public to eject them from their seats. One hundred million dollars, you say? It's just the tip of an infinite iceberg that sits under the entire workings of each and every government.

Evem my political fire has dimmed. I once ran for Mayor. I did it for many reasons, not the least of which is my megalomanical-hunch-I-can-change-things-messiah complex. What I was really hoping for was that people would see me up there, plain old me - probably hungover and definately not ironed. They would see me as a symbolization of them, and in that, by juxtoposition to the politicians, see them as they are, which is manipulative businesspeople. Granted, I was very young and quite unexperienced in many ways at the time, but it went largely unseen.

Now, I just don't care. I believe in change, in a(n) (r)evolution, but I can't see it coming from the usual suspects. This 'war' starting or ending is not the answer, nor is it the problem. It's players are not essential to the dilemna, either. Something bigger needs to happen. There are many candles to light and many people to do it.

Will it ever happen? In my world, yes. Gandhi once said 'Be the change you want to see in the world'. Makes alot of sense. The best way to spread the message is quietly in one's ear rather than at lungs best through a megaphone - that way is not so much effective as it is alot of fucking fun.


------------

Shitty - all this deep though and now I gotta go tell jokes. I guess there's something funny in that.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home